Airplay issue with public beta 6 (19A546d)

Hello,

Please point me in the right direction if this is not the appropriate place for this post. I did a search and did not see another post in regard to this. After updating to public beta 6, I have discovered a bug with Airplay connecting to an AppleTV to use as an extended monitor. It will connect and display, but when you select "internal speakers" instead of the auto selected tv speaker output, Airplay stops working and you have to manually stop Airplay and connect again. I have not had this issue previously. I have tried this on an AppleTV with and without the tvOS beta and it exhibits the same behavior. I have not found a way around this issue and it happens 100% of the time. Thanks in advance.

Accepted Reply

I updated to beta version 19A558d and the issue has been resolved.

Replies

Right after Beta 7 installation I tried sound output to AirPlay (which got some problems since Beta 6). Switcher in taskbar showed ability to use device (Philips AD7050W) but didn't let me enable it. After the third click on device choose option I've got kernel panic:

(here I tried to submit the log of error but suddenly got "The message contains invalid characters").

Thanks for your reply Dmitry. I have not experienced a kernal panic yet on public beta 6, just the disconnect of Airplay with a needed manual stop of airplay through the taskbar to get things back to normal. For reference, I am on a 27 inch iMac (2017), 3.4 Ghz Intel Core i5, with 24 GB of RAM. The Apple TV is a 2019 4K model.

I never had panic on Beta 6 either, only on Beta 7. But on the previous beta my AirPlay speaker got network lost every 30-60 seconds, and that made it impossible to use.

Oh, I've got it. There's a little mess. 19A546d is public beta 6, but developer beta 7 😉

Thanks again for the reply Dmitry. Previous beta the wifi in taskbar and in system preferences would show it's not connected and also not show any available networks, but Airplay to AppleTV as extended monitor would still work for me. Now wifi is fixed and showing networks and connections, but AirPlay has the internal speaker audio bug. I hope that means the next beta they both will be fixed haha. I still have not received any errors or crashes with the internal speaker audio bug, and have tried clicking around on lots of things. If I happen to stumble upon anything I will post an update.

I updated to beta version 19A558d and the issue has been resolved.