taskIsWaitingForConnectivity is not called in iOS 13 Beta

Hello,

The urlSession(_:taskIsWaitingForConnectivity:) delegate method is not called in iOS 13 Beta (I'm currently working under Xcode 11.0 beta 5, Catalina beta 5).

The URLSession I used is defined as:

public private(set) lazy var urlSession: URLSession = {

let config = URLSessionConfiguration.default

config.waitsForConnectivity = true

return URLSession(configuration: config, delegate: self, delegateQueue: nil)

}()

I turn off Wi-Fi on my MacBook Pro, start a demo app, and the tasks created out of URLSession defined above just failed with timeout.

urlSession(_:taskIsWaitingForConnectivity:) delegate method is not called at all.

I wonder if it is a known issue or I missed something?

Thank you in advance,

Yuriy

Answered by DTS Engineer in 376998022

I’m not aware of any planned change in this space. The best thing to do here is to create a small test project that illustrates the issue (working on iOS 12, failing on iOS 13 beta) and then file a bugbug report with that project attached.

As part of this you’ll need to include a sysdiagnose log. Before taking that log, install both the CFNetwork for iOS and Network Diagnostics for iOS profiles. See our Bug Reporting > Profiles and Logs page for details.

Post your bug number, just for the record.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"
Accepted Answer

I’m not aware of any planned change in this space. The best thing to do here is to create a small test project that illustrates the issue (working on iOS 12, failing on iOS 13 beta) and then file a bugbug report with that project attached.

As part of this you’ll need to include a sysdiagnose log. Before taking that log, install both the CFNetwork for iOS and Network Diagnostics for iOS profiles. See our Bug Reporting > Profiles and Logs page for details.

Post your bug number, just for the record.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

Thank you, Quinn!

I've filed a bug report, its number is: FB7045254.

The only thing is that I wasn't able to attach a sysdiagnose log, because I'm currenly don't have a "physical" iOS device capabable of iOS 13. I'll try to ask my colleagues to collect the logs.

---

Best regards,

Yuriy

I've attached a sysdiagnose log to FB7045254.

---

Best regards,

Yuriy

Still reproducible on iOS 13 beta 7.

The problem has officially been acknowledged: iOS & iPadOS 13 Beta 8 Release Notes:

Known Issues

The

urlSession(_:taskIsWaitingForConnectivity:)
delegate callback might not function as expected. (54309264)
taskIsWaitingForConnectivity is not called in iOS 13 Beta

Q