Homesharing still not available

While homesharing is supported on iOS in the Music and TV App, it seems to have been taken away in MacOS Catalina (I've checked every beta since dev beta 1)... I have raised a feedback, but have gotten zero reaction from Apple. Since my iTunes library consists of both Music and Videos that I have digitized ... this is a big loss...

Is anyone else missing homesharing?

Accepted Reply

This appears to enable homesharing from my Catalina device to my other devices, but I still can't see my Mojave machine from my Catalina machine. Seems like the step backwards will cause issues for a while.

Replies

I agree wholeheartedly with you. For me, it is the Music App that I use most. I can open System Preferences/ Sharing and enable Media Sharing and enable Home Sharing. The media library on this Mac can be accessed in iTunes on my other Mac (running Mojave). I can't access the iTunes Library on my other Mac on this Mac running Catalina. You used to be able to "Import songs not in my Library", not there anymore.

I sent feedback too. To me the Music App took a big step backward. There are other functions missing on this new Music App also. I am not a fan. I hope they look at what they had right in iTunes before they make a big mess.

This appears to enable homesharing from my Catalina device to my other devices, but I still can't see my Mojave machine from my Catalina machine. Seems like the step backwards will cause issues for a while.

Go to System Preferences > Sharing > Media Sharing