How can I set an icon? (Web only, No iOS App)

Hi fellow SIWA devs,

Can anyone suggest how I can set an icon for the SIWA experience, without creating an iOS app?

(I understand that SIWA inherits the icon used with the associated iOS app.)

We wish to implent SIWA as a web auth experience, and there is no business need for developing an iOS app.

Can anyone suggest a way of uploading an icon to use in the SIWA flow?

(Preferably a solution that does not involve installing Xcode.)

Thanks!

GG_David

Replies

Hi GG_David,

Sign In with Apple requires an associated iOS app, it is not possible to upload an icon for a web only experience at the moment.

Thanks,

Patrick

Hi Patrick_H,

Thanks for clarifying.

Can you share roadmap timeline on uploading an icon for a web only experience?

If not, can you share product vision? - Will SIWA ever support the web-only, no iOS app, use case?

David

I'd also be keen to know about a planned timeline for adding an icon and decoupling SIWA from an actual app. I'm planning to provide a service related to apps but not necessarily having an app on it's own and I'd like to offer SIWA as my potential clients are Apple users.

Same use case here:

1. We have multiple Apps (iOS and Mac)
  2. want to offer a unified login across all those and web
  3. We don't have a single app icon that makes sense

I tried making a placeholder app for this with an icon, but it appears in AppStore Connect fine, it doesn't show up on the login page.

Hi,

We also need an icon for Sign in with Apple without having to associate a primary app. We have multiple iOS apps, a unified login across apps/websites and don’t have a primary app with a generic icon for the unified login page.

Is this confirmed as a feature for Sign in with Apple? If so, when will this be available?'

Thanks.