Build is failing on, Xcode 11 beta 5, works fine on earlier beta's

Details

Loading a plug-in failed.

Domain: DVTPlugInErrorDomain

Code: 2

Failure Reason: The plug-in “com.apple.dt.UVKit” at path “/Users/madhusargadam/Downloads/Xcode-beta.app/Contents/PlugIns/UVKit.framework” could not be loaded. The plug-in or one of its prerequisite plug-ins may be missing or damaged.

Recovery Suggestion: The plug-in or one of its prerequisite plug-ins may be missing or damaged and may need to be reinstalled.

User Info: {

DVTPlugInDYLDErrorMessageErrorKey = "dlopen(/Users/madhusargadam/Downloads/Xcode-beta.app/Contents/PlugIns/UVKit.framework/UVKit, 0): Symbol not found: _$s2IDs12IdentifiablePTl\n Referenced from: /Users/madhusargadam/Downloads/Xcode-beta.app/Contents/PlugIns/UVKit.framework/UVKit\n Expected in: /usr/lib/swift/libswiftCore.dylib\n in /Users/madhusargadam/Downloads/Xcode-beta.app/Contents/PlugIns/UVKit.framework/UVKit";

DVTPlugInExecutablePathErrorKey = "/Users/madhusargadam/Downloads/Xcode-beta.app/Contents/PlugIns/UVKit.framework/UVKit";

DVTPlugInIdentifierErrorKey = "com.apple.dt.UVKit";

NSFilePath = "/Users/madhusargadam/Downloads/Xcode-beta.app/Contents/PlugIns/UVKit.framework";

}

--

The bundle “UVKit” couldn’t be loaded.

Domain: NSCocoaErrorDomain

Code: 3588

Failure Reason: The bundle couldn’t be loaded.

Recovery Suggestion: Try reinstalling the bundle.

NSBundlePath = "/Users/madhusargadam/Downloads/Xcode-beta.app/Contents/PlugIns/UVKit.framework";

NSDebugDescription = "dlopen(/Users/madhusargadam/Downloads/Xcode-beta.app/Contents/PlugIns/UVKit.framework/UVKit, 265): Symbol not found: _$s2IDs12IdentifiablePTl\n Referenced from: /Users/madhusargadam/Downloads/Xcode-beta.app/Contents/PlugIns/UVKit.framework/UVKit\n Expected in: /usr/lib/swift/libswiftCore.dylib\n in /Users/madhusargadam/Downloads/Xcode-beta.app/Contents/PlugIns/UVKit.framework/UVKit";

NSFilePath = "/Users/madhusargadam/Downloads/Xcode-beta.app/Contents/PlugIns/UVKit.framework/UVKit";

}

--

Replies

I get the same (below) from XCode Beta 5:

Does this affect the SwiftUI canvas for you?

Details

Loading a plug-in failed.

Domain: DVTPlugInErrorDomain

Code: 2

Failure Reason: The plug-in “com.apple.dt.UVKit” at path “/Applications/Xcode-beta-5.app/Contents/PlugIns/UVKit.framework” could not be loaded. The plug-in or one of its prerequisite plug-ins may be missing or damaged.

Recovery Suggestion: The plug-in or one of its prerequisite plug-ins may be missing or damaged and may need to be reinstalled.

DVTPlugInDYLDErrorMessageErrorKey = "dlopen(/Applications/Xcode-beta-5.app/Contents/PlugIns/UVKit.framework/UVKit, 0): Symbol not found: _$s2IDs12IdentifiablePTl\n Referenced from: /Applications/Xcode-beta-5.app/Contents/PlugIns/UVKit.framework/UVKit\n Expected in: /usr/lib/swift/libswiftCore.dylib\n in /Applications/Xcode-beta-5.app/Contents/PlugIns/UVKit.framework/UVKit";

DVTPlugInExecutablePathErrorKey = "/Applications/Xcode-beta-5.app/Contents/PlugIns/UVKit.framework/UVKit";

DVTPlugInIdentifierErrorKey = "com.apple.dt.UVKit";

NSFilePath = "/Applications/Xcode-beta-5.app/Contents/PlugIns/UVKit.framework";

}

--

The bundle “UVKit” couldn’t be loaded.

Domain: NSCocoaErrorDomain

Code: 3588

Failure Reason: The bundle couldn’t be loaded.

Recovery Suggestion: Try reinstalling the bundle.

NSBundlePath = "/Applications/Xcode-beta-5.app/Contents/PlugIns/UVKit.framework";

NSDebugDescription = "dlopen(/Applications/Xcode-beta-5.app/Contents/PlugIns/UVKit.framework/UVKit, 265): Symbol not found: _$s2IDs12IdentifiablePTl\n Referenced from: /Applications/Xcode-beta-5.app/Contents/PlugIns/UVKit.framework/UVKit\n Expected in: /usr/lib/swift/libswiftCore.dylib\n in /Applications/Xcode-beta-5.app/Contents/PlugIns/UVKit.framework/UVKit";

NSFilePath = "/Applications/Xcode-beta-5.app/Contents/PlugIns/UVKit.framework/UVKit";

}

--

Same for me when trying to re-enable SwiftUI preview

I'm getting the same thing - does anyone know how to reinstall the bundle?

Same thing here. Can't find anything on Google on how to reinstall the plug-in 🙁

EDIT:

The release notes of Catalina Beta 4 imply that there are problems with Xcode Beta 5:

"There are known incompatibilities when using SwiftUI in Xcode 11 beta 5 on macOS Catalina beta 4. Update to macOS Catalina beta 5 when it becomes available."

I assume the canvas bug will be fixed with the Catalina Beta 5 patch. 👍

I had same problem,

Please go to: /Applications/Xcode-beta.app/Contents/PlugIns/UVKit.framework and delete all the shortcut files in all folders of UVKit.framework (Be sure DONOT delete orginal files).

its works for me.

You mean that one should delete the symbolic links inside the framework?
But that is not a solution it's just to prevent the dialog from happening but the canvas still doesn't work.
Which is waht i want to use..!