Permission error on file open

I have a command line tool (Installed and running as a Daemon), That receives information about execing process, and opens it for hashing/signature validation purposes.

Since macOS Catalina, when I receive an executable running from ~/Downloads, ~/Desktop, /tmp etc., file open immediatelly fails due to permission error.

My question is - is there an entitlement I can request in order for these operations to succeed, or a way to receive user consent for Full Disk Access on Installation?

In addition, I know you may add the executable to Full Disk Access list in Security & Privacy menu, but - a. permission is still denied after this action, b. This requires an active operation from the user, which is not good enough...

Anyone encountered this issue before or knows how can we solve this?

Replies

At the moment, it is the correct behavior intended by Apple that this cannot be resolved.

The user has to quit your program, manually give access approval in System Preferences, and restart your program.

Issue is - even after granting approval manually, permission is still denied.

Is there a requirement for an executable to be bundeled in an app in order to be approved for Full Disk Access?