Unable to upload music to Music App

I'm having issues uploading music to the music app, e.g. tracks downloaded from Bandcamp etc.

I have searched around and it is saying that I may need an Apple Music subscription (which I don't want) to upload these to the cloud first for them to appear in the app. Is this the case.

Using the app (File > Import) route allows me to select the tracks I want to import but these never appear in the app (Recently Added) once the import has completed.

Please help, this is really infuriating, it was much simpler with iTunes (RIP)

Thanks in advance

Replies

Are you able to drag files to the "Library" section of the playlist sidebar in Music?

Hi there, I've just tried that and I'm getting the same result, it states it is processing but then no files appear either in recently added or in the folder where all my music files are kept.

It will add them if I click on individual files from my download folder to play them but this is a bit of an ache on.

I'm afraid all I can say is that I am not seeing that behavior. There may be some kind of software conflict somewhere, or some other idiosyncratic situation exists on your machine that prevents the proper behavior. It's all beta software, after all, so you can't depend on anything working correctly. However, it is kind of unusual that files can be added through the Finder but not directly in Music.

Out of curiosity, are you able to add any video files to the TV app? Do you see the same issue?