SwiftUI Tutorials seem broken starting with Beta3

Hi All

Just checking in to see if this is affecting other people, or if it's a problem on my side.

I'm running the latest Catalina beta (19A512f) and the latest Xcode beta (11M374r) and I'm trying to learn SwiftUI using the tutorials.

The first several were AWESOME, but then I had to take a couple of weeks of due to scheduling challenges in my day job, and when I came back, there was a new beta (B3) and things didn't seem to work quite right; items that had compiled and run correctly previously stopped doing so. Using automatic fixes, I muddled through a bit, but decided to wait until the next beta. Now that I'm on B4, I thought I'd try again, and things still don't match up.

I'm looking at the Working with UI Controls tutorial, and there are several things that need to be fixed right out of the gate, with a fresh clean download. I even went back to an earlier one (Animating Views and Transitions) and tried to run it, and it failed several ways.

So I'm assuming that since this is a young framework, it's just going through changes, which is fine. But before putting this on my back burner or trying to figure out an alternate means of learning this content without too much wasted time, I figured I'd ask to make sure there's not something magical that I could be doing that'd help resolve this. I remember in the early days of the Swift language, there were often one-button ways to update code from one version of the language to another...

Replies

FWIW, this is the one I'm currently looking at:

https://developer.apple.com/tutorials/swiftui/working-with-ui-controls