Issue with syncing books to iPhone

Is anyone one else having an issue with Books on the latest beta of Catalina? I am currently on Beta 4, and when I plug in my mobile devices (I have an iPhone 7, iPhone 8, iPhone 6, and and old iPhone 4) when I go to the audibooks section in finder when trying to sync any audiobooks, that whole section is empty. I open up Books on the machine(s) (this is happening on both machines I have at home, a 5K iMac and a 2014 Macbook Pro) and can see the books ok and they play fine on the desktop/laptop. I even went so far as to take a backup, delete all the books and reimport them into books seeing if that would help, but it did not work. This strategy actually DID work on Beta 3 when I ran into the same issue. What is weird is I have Beta 4 on a machine at work, and on that one, everything is fine, I can see the books and sync from that machine to my iPhones.

Replies

I can't speak to syncing books but I've been playing around with the new sync page in Finder and it feels pretty half-baked at the moment. It calls my iPhone XS an "iPod", the storage meter at the bottom flashes randomly and doesn't display any actual values about the storage used and many other issues. It feels like it's still a work-in-progress even though it's a beta.