Downgraded from Beta 3 to Mojave, Recovery no longer works

Here's a fun one: I downgraded from Catalina Beta 3 to Mojave via external USB. Mojave now works flawlessly, except that if I try to boot in to recovery (command + r) it will boot straight to internet recovery, which then provides error -9000F. I tried reinstalling Mojave already, and verified the recovery partition is indeed present. NVRAM reset did nothing. Could this be T2 chip related? I would think that reinstalling Mojave would reflash the T2 firmware so not sure why that would be a factor. I don't need Recovery currently, but I would like to change my boot security settings. Any ideas what may have caused this? Should I try a Mojave beta and see if it fixes this?

2019 MacBook Pro

Replies

I've now tried the latest Mojave beta as well to no avail. I saw someone on MacRumors speaking of a similar problem. Perhaps the system is looking for Catalina compatible Recovery, which doesn't exist anymore?

Final update: Installed Catalina Beta, which allows Recovery to boot again. My guess is there's a versioning issue somewhere when downgrading to Mojave in certain instances. I don't believe my Mac mini experienced this, but I went back to Mojave on Beta 2 instead of 3. Seems my Recovery was expecting Catalina but found Mojave installed instead?

All is "fixed" now though.