iPod 6th generation + new Catalina OS: music and video transfer dynamics

Hello,

About the process for transferring music and videos to an iPod 6th generation with iOS software version 12.3.1 from a MacBook Air recently upgraded to Catalina:

Normally I used to go to iTunes, select my iPod devices, then select the Music or Movies, and finally drag and dropping my media to my device.

Now I open iTunes and the GUI is very minimalistic, I cannot display my playlist or see my content like before. Clicking at my device does not display any of it contents, it is super weird.

In addition, my iPod continues and has not stopped "syncing" (the round arrows at the top continue to circle around) and has gotten very very hot, I do not know how to stop it. I am afraid of losing my content with this "syncing".

As you may see in the image that I attach, when I click on my device nothing seems to happen. Somehow my songs are displayed there, but they are all listed in thumbnails, I cannot sort them, please advice on how to transfer music and videos

Thanks!

Replies

Sorry, I could not add the image, there is no attaching option. But basically: my iPod device is listed but if I click it nothing changes in the GUI, is like if I had not do it. I addition, in the screen there are my songs but shown as thumbnails, I cannot sort them or change the view to a normal detailed list.

I managed to copy some videos by drag and dropping them from Finder to the iTunes app over the icon of my iPod device is. Since the round arrows of the iPod screen continued to roll without stopping I just waited for a couple of minutes and unplugged it (There is no option for eject the device in the GUI).

So my videos are shown in the Downloaded section of the appleTV app in the iPOD, but they appear without thumbnails.

Please advice on the normal procedure for accomplishing this transfer tasks if there is such procedure at this time, I understand this is a BETA.

Thanks.