Missing Monthly Challenge Awards

Good evening.

Last week, I have updated my iPhone XS Max 64 GB to iOS 13 Developper beta 2. I had several software issues (crashes, bugs, etc) and decided to try a clean install and restored the device. I did not think about my Apple Watch when I did the restore and was horrified when I realized that it unpaired.

I restored the Apple Watch with the back-up that was created right before restoring the iPhone and restored the iPhone with the iCloud back up I had made in the morning. Everything went very well, except that I am missing every Monthly Challenge Award I have earned since October 2018 (so every month except for January and June 2019). I can’t even see the June 2019 challenge anymore.

I don’t know if it is related or if it is a coincidence, but I have had this Apple Watch Serie 4 since early October, so it seems like only the Monthly Challenge Awards earned with this device have been affected. Everything else (workouts, limited editions awards, other awards) is back and everything is fine.

I have tried un-pairing and re-pairing the watch. I have also tried rebooting both devices. I have had no luck so far.

I have an iOS 12.3 Public Beta back-up dated from the 4th of June on my MacBook, I am considering restoring with this back-up. However, I am worried that all the activities that I have completed since then are going to be lost, as I am not sure if my activity data is backed up independently in iCloud or if it is contained in my June 4th back-up. If I am trying this solution, I will create a second back-up just to be sure that I can recover my activity data for June. Losing my monthly challenges awards would be a small price to pay compared to losing my 9 month streak.

I am also considering the possibility that it may be a case of awards that are going to show up later. I know that it is recommended to wait because it can take up to 9 days for awards to appear.

Anyone have experience with a similar problem? Is there a solution I am not thinking of? Is there a possibility that my two course of action would work? Any help is welcome!

Thank you

• I received my Perfect month for May award, BUT in regards to the challenge I didn’t get the award. My May challenge was to close all three rings 31 times. I did but no award when I woke up. Any ideas?

Add a Comment

Replies

On 2019-10-01 midnight (about 1 hour ago) all missing monthly challenge awards since October 2018 came back. At the same time, I was awarded the September 2019 challenge and given a new October 2019 challenge. Everything OK again for me.

Hi everyone, I was going through the same issue and been following this thread! iPhone 11 pro (Software version 13.1.1) with Apple Watch 4 (Software version 6.0) missing monthly challenges (All of 2018 were there, but missing almost all of 2019 except for August was there) I was very disappointed as those challenges are my motivation and I work hard to get them! The good news, just few minutes ago as I earned my September challenge, all of the missing ones of 2019 showed up as well! It was very satisfying to see them all there! Hopefully, when you earn your next challenge they’ll show up too.. sorry not really a solution, but just letting everyone know about how mine magically came back! All the best, ****

I updated to iOS13.1.2, and Watch 6.0.1 yesterday (9/30). All of my monthly challenges came back on *both* my Watch and my iPhone. AND my other heart monitor device that works with my Lifetime Fitness app started working magically as well. Yea!! It looks like they heard us and fixed the Health issues.

I show 5 separate Apple watches. I'm assuming this is showing up as per the number of times I've unpaired/repaired my apple watch with my iPhone. These might be the backups; even though most of them say they are no longer paired with this iPhone, there is lots of data available in each of these devices. I'm definitely not going to delete *any* of them.

Let us know if your data came back today!

All of mine are back I’ve also got the September award and a new challenge for October. I didn’t update the iOS it just happened by itself. I hope yours return too.

Hi all,

found this thread as I have the same problem now. I bought a new series 5 watch last week and already had an iPhone 11 from my work. I restored the back up from my old iPhone 7 Plus on the iPhone 11 and all the activity and badges appeared... but... that was from my old series 1 watch. After I paired my new series 5 watch.... all of the past is gone?!?!? It is still on my old phone and even syned the last 2 days of activity which I received with my new watch. But my iPhone 11 only has data from the moment I started using my series 5 watch and from the 'old watch' everything is just gone. All badges, activity rings, work outs... all of it.

How do I get this back as it is on my old phone though.

This is what I already tried:
  • Unpaired Series 5 and paired it again

• Reboot everything

• Installed my iPhone 11 again (it worked until I paired the series 5 watch... same problem!)

• Paired my old watch to my iPhone 11

• Unpaired watch, erased Activity app from phone incl. data and installed it again. No difference in data, just the 2 days of the series 5 and nothing from the past

Somebody else got a suggestion??? The data is there as I can see it on my old iPhone 7 plus.
So it's 2021 and it looks like the problem is still here, I'm just updated to an iPhone 12 max pro, both phone running iOS 14.3 and an iWatch running 7.2.

I removed the iWatch from my old phone, that had over 2 years of awards etc and they are still there.

Used the phone to phone backup to update and copy over to the iPhone 12, however whilst the history of all the workouts were there none on the Monthly reviews or the workout records etc. The odd thing was the move streak (701 day) did copy over.

I did sync the phone but again no awards.

So any idea how to fix this, does this just fix itself or are they lost forever?
So it's 2021 and it looks like the problem is still here, I'm just updated to an iPhone 12 max pro, both phone running iOS 14.3 and an iWatch running 7.2.

I removed the iWatch from my old phone, that had over 2 years of awards etc and they are still there.

Used the phone to phone backup to update and copy over to the iPhone 12, however whilst the history of all the workouts were there none on the Monthly reviews or the workout records etc. The odd thing was the move streak (701 day) did copy over.

I did sync the phone but again no awards.

So any idea how to fix this, does this just fix itself or are they lost forever?

I upgraded to the new iphone13pro just yesterday and tried to unpair/pair my Apple Watch 4 from old iPhone12 pro. Once I was done with that, I noticed I have lost all monthly challenges from 2019 from my Apple Watch. I then went on to Google and found this forum. I was about to post a “me too” comment however to my surprise this morning I got all of my awards back. Upon reading all the comments in here -plus what Apple recommends prior to unpairing I thought to myself that I have done it in the wrong sequence. It is recommended that you update your phone and your watch to the latest ios prior to any unpairing. I did this in reverse. However it still worked. An additional step that I did was to unpair my old iPhone from my Apple ID. Settings > Apple ID > Remove “old iPhone” Hope this helps especially to those who have lost all awards.