Is it possible to launch two versions of the same app?

I am wondering if it is possible for me to launch 2 versions of my app. So that users downloading it would have a 50% chance of getting one or another version.

For example, one would have one sort of camera and the other would have another kind (To compare the performance of app with one of the two cam layouts)

Accepted Reply

Simple: compile your app with one bundle id, let's say com.author.app1, change bundle id in the project settings to com.author.app2 and compile again. You will will get two apps with the same name on your device. You can make two targets that will differ by the bundle id.

If you want to distibute your app (AdHoc. Not via App Store), you may have few Apple accounts.

Replies

If you can use different bundle identifiers

could you expand on this.

Simple: compile your app with one bundle id, let's say com.author.app1, change bundle id in the project settings to com.author.app2 and compile again. You will will get two apps with the same name on your device. You can make two targets that will differ by the bundle id.

If you want to distibute your app (AdHoc. Not via App Store), you may have few Apple accounts.

I believe the answer marked 'correct' will not work for an app submitted to the App Store and downloaded after approval.

You can take all of the different code in the second app and place it into the first app then have the first app execute either its code or the different code of the second app based upon a random variable with a 50% probability of executing the second app's code.