Cannot build iOS app to iPhone device

I am testing an ios app using xcode 10.2.1; the app runs properly in the various simulators available with xcode. If I connect my (fifth-generation) iPad to the computer and select it in xcode the app builds and downloads to the iPad device and it runs properly.

However when I try to build and download to iPhone device (iPhone X or iPhone XR) the build fails with the error:

"Your development team has reached the maximum number of registered iPhone devices" even though when I look at my account online there are NO registered devices of any kind.

Has anyone else had this problem - and been able to resolve it?

thanks for any responses

Terry Warren

Replies

I am on a paid account which I have had for many years (and am the account owner). For this project I am using the Xcode code signing mechanism. As I mentioned it works fine for iPad device but not the iPhone. I do not have (or am on) any other accounts.

Did you conatct Apple Developer Program Support ?

Sems they can help in such case:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/44230347/development-team-has-reached-maximum-number-of-registered-iphone-devices

Ordinarily, this would mean you need to remove some devices before you can add others, and that depends on where you are in the annual cycle, but It doesn't make sense you'd not see -any- devices. I'd wonder if the problem is on the backend.

As Claude suggests, best to contact support and ask them to take a look.

Good luck.