AirPods keep disconnecting

Anyone have issues with AirPods randomly disconnecting? I've bugged this.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of gruversm Down vote post of gruversm
11k views
  • This site help me to solve it -----------> [https://not.justsolutionsproducts.com/how-to-fix-airpods-keep-disconnecting-easily/)

Add a Comment

Replies

Yes. Sometimes they are fine, sometimes not. Can’t see a pattern.

Not uncommon on early betas, this usually happens when the BL daemon dies due to too heavy debug logging aka memory usage. Don't ask me though why this happens on one device and not the other :-) but I've seen similar errors during the last major iOS beta cycles.

Did you remove all BL devices and re-add them?

Yes, I removed my AirPods and then re-added them.

Yeah, also got this issue once. Simply put them back in their case and restart your iPhone to fix this issue.

This issue must be somehow related to the hardware involved. My iPhone Xs fails constantly with multiple sets of Airpods, where I have no issue on my iPhone X. The same for my iPads where the 2nd generation iPad 12 fails but the 1st generation iPad pro has no issues.

The only way to restore functionality seems to reboot the device, where upon things work for a random period of time.

its been more than 5 months and im fed up of this. It usually happens when microphone comes in use, my airpods doesn’t disconnect while listening to music or anything. They only disconnect when on call or live hearing. I reseted more than 20 times, nothing works. I dont know to solve this issue :(

After having the same issue (AirPods disconnecting after a few minutes from calls), I realized that my issue was ONLY happening when the microphone from my AirPods was active (FaceTime, Zoom, WebEx). But when I was listening to music or a TV show on Apple TV, I was staying connected until the battery died. That led me to think it has something to do with the mic in the AirPods. Note: I took them to Apple and they ran diagnostics and didn’t find any HW defect and the AirPods were up to date with the firmware.

Back to the mic. There is a setting in the Bluetooth settings of your AirPods that lets you set the microphone of your device on the left, right or “auto”. By default it’s on auto. So, I ran a test on a dummy conf call and set my mic on the left AirPod. It never disconnected. Then I switched it to the right AirPod and it immediately disconnected. I then did the same thing from right to left and same behavior.

So, now, as a workaround, I just set the mic on one of the AirPods (I do not use auto), and the disconnect issue disappeared.

Apple still has to figure out why switching the mic from one AP to the other causes the disconnect (I contacted them and will jump on a call with them to discuss tomorrow), but at least I can use my AP again in meetings!

I hope that helps other folks here with that issue!

Ben.

• THIS worked!

My first generation earpods kept disconnecting, but couldn't figure out any pattern to it -- they'd randomly disconnect with 60% battery left.

Sure enough, it always happened while on the phone or another application using voice.

Thanks Ben!

• I still have this issue with mic not on auto on AirPods Pro Gen 2 usb C. It's so jarring, brand new, can't have a call. Weirdly enough it's more prevalent on voice calls and FaceTime from my iPhone and iPad and not my Mac.

Add a Comment

I have AirPods 1st gen & 2gen ...

I have change both battery of L & R from 1gen to 2gen ...

after install battery in Bothe side L & R and Press and hold the setup button on the back of the case for about 15 seconds to RESET , until the status light on the front of the case flashes amber, then white ...

still disconnect from Bluetooth when I tray listen to mp3 file !?

what I missed plz?

if there any idea plz contact me on WhatsApp : +213663600467

Yes i have after changing L & R battery… AirPods 1st gen and 2nd gen

Mine ere connected to a Fire TV, overriding connection. Make sure they are paired to only apple, or only one device.