iPhone XS Max not charging

Hello,

I installed iOS 13 beta on my iPhone XS Max successfully. Sometime and after hard usage I got a message to charge my phone.

I connected to its charger but unfortunately the phone was not charging.

I decided to reinstall the beta but this time to make it as a new phone. Unfortunatelly I had the same results.

Since the battery percentage was at 7% I decided to go back to 12.4 beta 3 successfully where my iPhone was charging properly and without any problems. It seems that there is a huge issue on the software. I reported as well as a bug.

Does anybody else faced the same issue?

Thanks

Replies

Same here on iPhone Xr.. absolutely not charging on iOS 13, but maintains current charge level while on charge. Wrote 3 reports with attached logs and still no reaction from Apple. My iPhone had occasional issues on older firmware though. It showed 1 or 2% on iOS 12 and rebooted several times while the actual charge was near 100%. After a few reboots it showed back real 100%. Happened like 3-4 times during last 6 month of use.

I’ve got an iPhone XS Max running build 17A5547d and I’m not having this issue at all. Not on any of the prior betas, either. Have you tried restoring and setting up as new (on current iOS 13 beta), and then restore from an iOS 13 backup after? I’ve found setting the phone up as new (while on beta) and then restoring, for whatever reason, fixes all sorts of oddball issues like this.

Yes, I have tried everything and I mean everything! Apart of that before a week approximately I have tested the iPhone hardware itself at an apple authorized service desk and everything found OK. Just to mention that with 12.4 the same iPhone is charging properly.

Hey guys, little update. After beta 6 the bug is still active on my device. This definitely is only certain models of phones so it doesn’t appear to affect every XS Max. Remember do not let your phone die all the way or you will have a headache of issues to deal with (I know from first hand experience) though it is possible to fix. I was contacted by Apple and I have sent multiple reports to them so they will be taking a look into this issue and hopefully fix it for beta 7!

Hi

for the moment I use the Apple smart battery case, since it uses first the case battery and then it goes to the iphone battery.

This is a temp solution until to Apple solve the issue.

Although there is always the option to go back to the official release 12.4, where the phone is charging properly.

Hi all,

I have found that if I do a restart of the phone while connected to power it will charge when it reboots or after I unlock it and put it back to sleep. Also if that doesnt work I have had luck restarting in dark mode and then switching to light mode and rstarting and it will begin to charge. I am using the lightning cable connected to a verizon cube that lights up when it is charging so i know if it is actually charging the phone or if it just looks like it is. wirelass charging has been hit or miss, but usually works after i get it to charge off the cord.

Hi,

Unfortunately no luck to me.

iOS 13 beta 5. I still have the same charging issue. Will not charge. Battery is at 6% and I’ve been walking around with a usb battery pack with my phone plugged in. . XS max, 256gb. MT6J2LL It seems I’ll have to roll back to 12.4 again.

Hi all,

so it started working with today's beta 7.

Hi all,

I confirm that with today's beta 7, the iphone charging started working ... Let's see and follow the behaviour!

Great!! Did you try the feature Optimized Battery Charging yet? Did it charge normally?

Not yet, but I will try it in few days. For the moment I want to ensure that the normal charging is working properly and then I will test the optimized battery charging. One at a time in order to be able to trace.

Hi,

It seams that fixed in beta 7 but I still follow it to ensured.