iPhone XS Max not charging

Hello,

I installed iOS 13 beta on my iPhone XS Max successfully. Sometime and after hard usage I got a message to charge my phone.

I connected to its charger but unfortunately the phone was not charging.

I decided to reinstall the beta but this time to make it as a new phone. Unfortunatelly I had the same results.

Since the battery percentage was at 7% I decided to go back to 12.4 beta 3 successfully where my iPhone was charging properly and without any problems. It seems that there is a huge issue on the software. I reported as well as a bug.

Does anybody else faced the same issue?

Thanks

Replies

HI guys,

SInce the problem persists I am staying with the latest 12.4 beta where the device is working properly. I hope that on the next beta they will fix these serious issues. For all the problems of charging, overheating, mail, etc I have raised separate feedback requests but still I have not any answer yet. Let's wait and see ...

They most probably change the battery and restore the phone via dfu to the latest official version.

They have not stayed with the phone, I have been told to wait for the next beta.

I already updated ios 13 beta 4. the problem is still there, they don't fixed ...

For the moment it seams that is working, but I closely follow up. I will not close the relevant feedback requests yet.

Finally yes, you are right.

The strange, is that the problem started, after 2 days of normal operation and without any change on the phone.

This time I test it without activate the dark mode (it was a thought).

I will become crazy, since this behavior is really out of logic!!!

Sad to report that this problem still persists in iOS 13 public beta 3. I am once again going to restore my phone. Anyone who has this issue and lets their phone die you may have to do a DFU restore in order to fix it. I would restore your phone before you let it die.

Hello,

after installed the latest beta 5, the problem persists. Before to install it I went to an Apple official service desk and run extended hardware diagnostics on my phone. Everything was fine and the battery health at 97%.

it shows that charging but the battery percentage does not change!!!

I give up!

P.S I have tested all the possible ways of installation (update, clean, dirty, all ...)

Beta 5 fixed wireless charging for me (iPhone Xs Max) which was broken since beta 2.

Hi,

Does your iphone charge with the official cable?

Does you iphone charge only with wireless charger?

Thanks,

This has been my issue since the first day the Public Beta came out. I've tried every time and each time I have to revert back to a backup. This has never been an issue for me with betas, and normally I look forward to them. But this is ridiculous. How, on the 5th developer beta and 4th public is this a problem? I'm afraid that when I update to the GM when it's time, I'm going to be screwed. Feels like they aren't even noticing this.

Hope they have a fix soon.

I have raised a feedback on each beta for this issue but still it has not resolved.

I have the same issue on my iPhone SE. However, what seems to help, is to disable the lock screen and charge it on the home screen - while the display is turned on. Can anybody replicate this behaivour? I am not sure if this a coincident.

Hi guys

I just contacted by Apple regarding my raised feedback requests on the subject, which means that they started looking deeply on the issue.

I hope this to be resolved until the next beta release.

Hi guys

After installed the latest beta 6, I confirm that the issue is still there...AND I CANNOT CHARGE MY PHONE!

I think Apple does not care!!!