iPhone XS Max not charging

Hello,

I installed iOS 13 beta on my iPhone XS Max successfully. Sometime and after hard usage I got a message to charge my phone.

I connected to its charger but unfortunately the phone was not charging.

I decided to reinstall the beta but this time to make it as a new phone. Unfortunatelly I had the same results.

Since the battery percentage was at 7% I decided to go back to 12.4 beta 3 successfully where my iPhone was charging properly and without any problems. It seems that there is a huge issue on the software. I reported as well as a bug.

Does anybody else faced the same issue?

Thanks

Hey I posted this in the main feed but since your the most recent post. I fixed the problem buy switching from dark mode to light mode then back

Same issue here with an iPhone XS Max.

Unfortunately, it was not charged over night and went down to 2%. After plugging it in, I realized it was not charging. The phone did register it was plugged in, meaning the little lightening bolt appeared over the battery. However, on the lock screen, it said "Charged" instead of "Charging", even though it was still at 2%. When I attempted to restart the phone, it would not turn back on, instead giving me the low battery icon.

I understand when the battery gets very low, the phone needs several minutes of juice to get the battery above a certain percentage before turning on. Since the phone now refuses to go above 2% (or at least the phone THINKS it's only at 2%, who knows?) it won't turn on until it meets that threshold. No amount of charging (using various cords, boxes, wireless charing pads, directly into my MacBook) will get the phone to turn on. This means I can't restore the device to a previous backup/iOS.

I have now left it either plugged in or on a wireless charging pad for several hours to no avail. I submitted a Feedback Report (FB6641819) but haven't heard back yet. I contacted support, but their only recommendation is taking the phone to a store, the earliest-available appointment being Tuesday afternoon. Although he did assure me that if the techinician did not find anything wrong with the device, there would presumably be no charge for the repair/replacement, since the fault is with the software.

I've been part of the Public Beta program since iOS 6 and have never experieniced such a terminal problem. I'm now stuck with an unusable device for the next several days. It's quite disappointing Apple would release a Beta with such an unstable build to the public.

My XS Max is having the same issue. I originally thought it was a bug in Public Beta 1 so I restored my device to iOS 12. After Public Beta 2 came out I decided to try again (thinking that a major issue such as this would be fixed in the next update). The device is still not charging properly. It does register that it is plugged into a charger, but the battery percentage will not increase. I've tried every method of charging possible. I even let my phone completely die and it recharged back to 2% (which it has been stuck at for the past 6 hours). So rest assured you can restore your phone if it dies completely with this bug.

I am going to let my phone continue to charge until tomorrow and then I will once again downgrade to iOS 12 if I have no luck. I have submitted two Feedback reports on each beta release and hopefully they will correct this problem with the next release as this is a serious issue. Nothing seems to work in order to fix this, if anyone finds a solution please let me know.

Also to the person who posted about switching from dark to light mode and then back that doesn't appear to be working on my device. Will update this post with new information if I get any.

Same problem with an iPhone SE, it has completely discharged the battery and does not charge, it takes several hours and it does not go up.

I come from the store, they tell me that they can not do anything that the phone is in a beta and they do not have the means to fix it and they do not change it either, since it was me who installed the beta, it does not matter if it is public , they say that when accepting conditions one of them is that we do not have technical support, I do not know how Apple will solve it if the phone does not charge!

HI guys,

SInce the problem persists I am staying with the latest 12.4 beta where the device is working properly. I hope that on the next beta they will fix these serious issues. For all the problems of charging, overheating, mail, etc I have raised separate feedback requests but still I have not any answer yet. Let's wait and see ...

They most probably change the battery and restore the phone via dfu to the latest official version.

They have not stayed with the phone, I have been told to wait for the next beta.

I already updated ios 13 beta 4. the problem is still there, they don't fixed ...

For the moment it seams that is working, but I closely follow up. I will not close the relevant feedback requests yet.

Finally yes, you are right.

The strange, is that the problem started, after 2 days of normal operation and without any change on the phone.

This time I test it without activate the dark mode (it was a thought).

I will become crazy, since this behavior is really out of logic!!!

Sad to report that this problem still persists in iOS 13 public beta 3. I am once again going to restore my phone. Anyone who has this issue and lets their phone die you may have to do a DFU restore in order to fix it. I would restore your phone before you let it die.

Hello,

after installed the latest beta 5, the problem persists. Before to install it I went to an Apple official service desk and run extended hardware diagnostics on my phone. Everything was fine and the battery health at 97%.

it shows that charging but the battery percentage does not change!!!

I give up!

P.S I have tested all the possible ways of installation (update, clean, dirty, all ...)

Beta 5 fixed wireless charging for me (iPhone Xs Max) which was broken since beta 2.

Hi,

Does your iphone charge with the official cable?

Does you iphone charge only with wireless charger?

Thanks,

This has been my issue since the first day the Public Beta came out. I've tried every time and each time I have to revert back to a backup. This has never been an issue for me with betas, and normally I look forward to them. But this is ridiculous. How, on the 5th developer beta and 4th public is this a problem? I'm afraid that when I update to the GM when it's time, I'm going to be screwed. Feels like they aren't even noticing this.

Hope they have a fix soon.

I have raised a feedback on each beta for this issue but still it has not resolved.

I have the same issue on my iPhone SE. However, what seems to help, is to disable the lock screen and charge it on the home screen - while the display is turned on. Can anybody replicate this behaivour? I am not sure if this a coincident.

Hi guys

I just contacted by Apple regarding my raised feedback requests on the subject, which means that they started looking deeply on the issue.

I hope this to be resolved until the next beta release.

Hi guys

After installed the latest beta 6, I confirm that the issue is still there...AND I CANNOT CHARGE MY PHONE!

I think Apple does not care!!!

Same here on iPhone Xr.. absolutely not charging on iOS 13, but maintains current charge level while on charge. Wrote 3 reports with attached logs and still no reaction from Apple. My iPhone had occasional issues on older firmware though. It showed 1 or 2% on iOS 12 and rebooted several times while the actual charge was near 100%. After a few reboots it showed back real 100%. Happened like 3-4 times during last 6 month of use.

I’ve got an iPhone XS Max running build 17A5547d and I’m not having this issue at all. Not on any of the prior betas, either. Have you tried restoring and setting up as new (on current iOS 13 beta), and then restore from an iOS 13 backup after? I’ve found setting the phone up as new (while on beta) and then restoring, for whatever reason, fixes all sorts of oddball issues like this.

Yes, I have tried everything and I mean everything! Apart of that before a week approximately I have tested the iPhone hardware itself at an apple authorized service desk and everything found OK. Just to mention that with 12.4 the same iPhone is charging properly.

Hey guys, little update. After beta 6 the bug is still active on my device. This definitely is only certain models of phones so it doesn’t appear to affect every XS Max. Remember do not let your phone die all the way or you will have a headache of issues to deal with (I know from first hand experience) though it is possible to fix. I was contacted by Apple and I have sent multiple reports to them so they will be taking a look into this issue and hopefully fix it for beta 7!

Hi

for the moment I use the Apple smart battery case, since it uses first the case battery and then it goes to the iphone battery.

This is a temp solution until to Apple solve the issue.

Although there is always the option to go back to the official release 12.4, where the phone is charging properly.

iPhone XS Max not charging

Q