Catalyst : NSAppearanceNameAqua exception

Hello,

I tried to migrate my iPad app (with XCode 11 and Catalina) from iOS to OS X but i have a problem when the app launch after the build.

I think that there is a conflict with appearance between iOS and OS X, i don't have more informations. sorry

[framework] Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=260 "RunTimeThemeRefForBundleIdentifierAndName() couldn't find NSAppearanceNameAqua.car in bundle with identifier: uikitformac.com.xxxxxx" UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=RunTimeThemeRefForBundleIdentifierAndName() couldn't find NSAppearanceNameAqua.car in bundle with identifier: uikitformac.com.xxxxxx}

Do you have any idea ?

Replies

I am also receiving this error when trying to build a SwiftUI project for macOS.

I think this is a known issue and won't be resolved until beta 2 of Xcode 11.

After doing a bit more research, the first known issue of Xcode 11 is "Xcode 11 beta doesn’t support working with SwiftUI in a project configured to use UIKit for Mac."

Link:

https://developer.apple.com/documentation/xcode_release_notes/xcode_11_beta_release_notes#3318344

Ok thank you !

But in my XCode project I don't use SwiftUI, I just check the "Mac" checkbox and adapt my frameworks to build for OS X.