Loop rebooting when on charger

Just updated the watch to os6, and it keeps on looping when on charger and does not charge. So now its flat...

Any ideas on what to do?

Accepted Reply

It seems that the issue is gone on my watch.

I let the battery run out of %. and than charged it again fully to 100%. than the issue is gone.

Replies

I have now tried everything, reset, turn off Bluetooth, WiFi, Cell etc. leave it factory settings, everything, when I take the watch of charger no problem and works as normal, as soon as on charger it reboots every 40 seconds. Even if factory reset and not paired. So during i night (8 hours) it only charge 30-40%... come on guys, any ideas?

Same issue here. I sumbitted feedback and I haven't been able to discover what exactly is causing this. I have a Series 3 watch.

I have tried everything to find out what is causing the reboot, as far as I understand its something to do with the charging, if the watch is very very flat and its not on, it charges normally, until it comes to a state where it turnes on, then it starts rebooting every 40 seconds in a loop until removed from charger. Then its all normal again, the problem is it only charges 60% or so from 9 in the evening until 7 in the morning.

I am also a bit scared when the beta 2 comes out and the watch has to be on the charger to update and it keep on rebooting and not letting the update go thru... then I have to send it in to Apple...

I have the same issue with an Watch series 4

It seems that the issue is gone on my watch.

I let the battery run out of %. and than charged it again fully to 100%. than the issue is gone.

Tried this over the weekend... totally emptied it. I seem to have anger it even more, now it reboots in a loop, not even giving me the possibility to do anything...

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of AJ21 Down vote reply of AJ21

Have updated to Beta 2 yesterday and now the watch is back to normal!

Apple Watch 4 is good to go might be the older apple watch

Anyone got a fix?
  • Same issue here. Constant reboot cycling when on the charger, watch completely unusable. I’m running the latest software (not a beta).

Anyone find a fix for this?

Add a Comment

Turn off the bluetooth or keep the paired mobile out of range. Mine charges without restarting when i turn off the Bluetooth.

Hi guys, i have the same issue like you. Apple Watch series 1 is working properly when is not charging but when i put apple watch on charger it starts bootlooping. The newest OS, tried change battery but it has still the issue. Any ideas? Let me know when you find solution...