"AddAnimation" after "removeAllAnimations" not work

I find that if I stop an on going animation and start another immediately, the new one will not work. Just show my code below.

- (void)viewDidLoad {

[super viewDidLoad];

[self showTipsAnimation:@"123"];

dispatch_after(dispatch_time(DISPATCH_TIME_NOW, (int64_t)(0.5 * NSEC_PER_SEC)), dispatch_get_main_queue(), ^{

[self showTipsAnimation:@"321"];

});

}

- (void)showTipsAnimation:(NSString *)tips

{

if (tips.length == 0) {

return;

}

if (!self.tipsLabel) {

self.tipsLabel = [[UILabel alloc] initWithFrame:CGRectMake(10, 100, 0, 0)];

self.tipsLabel.font = [UIFont systemFontOfSize:14];

self.tipsLabel.userInteractionEnabled = NO;

self.tipsLabel.textColor = [UIColor redColor];

[self.view addSubview:self.tipsLabel];

}

[self.tipsLabel.layer removeAllAnimations];

CGFloat textWidth = [tips sizeWithAttributes:@{NSFontAttributeName : [UIFont systemFontOfSize:14]}].width;

self.tipsLabel.frame = CGRectMake(10, 100, textWidth, [UIFont systemFontOfSize:14].pointSize);

self.tipsLabel.text = tips;

CAKeyframeAnimation *movementAnim = [CAKeyframeAnimation animationWithKeyPath:@"position"];

movementAnim.keyTimes = @[@0, @0.25, @0.75, @1];

movementAnim.values = @[[NSValue valueWithCGPoint:CGPointMake(10 + CGRectGetWidth(self.tipsLabel.frame) * 0.5, 100 + CGRectGetHeight(self.tipsLabel.frame) / 2)],

[NSValue valueWithCGPoint:CGPointMake(10 + CGRectGetWidth(self.tipsLabel.frame) * 0.5, 90 + CGRectGetHeight(self.tipsLabel.frame) / 2)],

[NSValue valueWithCGPoint:CGPointMake(10 + CGRectGetWidth(self.tipsLabel.frame) * 0.5, 90 + CGRectGetHeight(self.tipsLabel.frame) / 2)],

[NSValue valueWithCGPoint:CGPointMake(10 + CGRectGetWidth(self.tipsLabel.frame) * 0.5, 90 + CGRectGetHeight(self.tipsLabel.frame) / 2)]];

movementAnim.duration = 2;

movementAnim.delegate = self;

[self.tipsLabel.layer addAnimation:movementAnim forKey:nil];

}

Run it, and will see the first animation will be stopped, but the second will not begin. But I also find that if I change the last line of the code to:

[self.tipsLabel.layer addAnimation:movementAnim forKey:@"1"];

then everything will be fine. So why? Is this a bug?

Replies

I've not used this, so I'm guessing here.

Found this interesting SO thread: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/5945329/uiview-layer-addanimationforkey

The method

addAnimation:forKey:
doesn't do what you think it does.

The second string parameter is an arbitrary user-defined string to associate with the animation object. The purpose of this parameter is for accessing the animation object at a later time with the

animationForKey:
method.

The list of animatable properties provided above/below is pertinent to the

keyPath
property of a
CABasicAnimation
instance.

So, I would try to first remove animation wiih

- (void)removeAnimationForKey:(NSString *)key;