Xcode 7 Beta 4 no simulators and can't open nibs

I've just updated to the latest Xcode 7 Beta 4 from Beta 3 and all of my simulators are missing and I can't install any of them. In addition, I can't open any of my Nibs in my project. It is returning a "Could not open document error". Is anyone else experiencing these problems?

Accepted Reply

I experienced this, too, on El Capitan. NIBs wouldn't load, no Sims present, and unable to launch Simulators through the Xcode/Open Developer Tool/Simulator menu. After fighting it for a few hours I've finally got it working.

Here's what worked for me (YMMV):

I noticed a message in Console.app along the lines of the Simulator runtime not being code signed. I went to the path it described "/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Profiles/Runtimes" and removed the runtimes that I had there. They were old runtimes, so I assume that some check in Xcode now applies that didn't previously. Who knows?

After doing this, I could *finally* launch the Simulator via the Xcode/Open Developer Tool menu. Unfortunately, the Simulator still wasn't being shown as a run target in my workspace, so I kept spelunking...

I then went into the Simulator's Hardware/Devices/Manage Devices menu and added a new iOS9 device. It didn't seem to do anything, so I quit out of Xcode and Simulator.app. I then re-started Simulator.app (via Xcode/ODT/Simulator) and lo and behold the expected iOS9 simulators were displayed.

I closed and re-opened Xcode, changed the target OS for my project, and the Sims were finally displayed as run targets.

HTH.

Replies

Bravo! Thanks!

Bravo! This solved for me as well!

(although now i don't have any iOS 7 simulators left)

I even have no Profiles/Runtimes folder. And therefore this fix does not work for me... weird

Hi, I'm using both OSX 10.11 Beta 4 and Xcode 7 Beta 4 but I'm not seeing this issue. BTW, prior to installing Xcode 7 Beta 4, I performed the following actions:

• shutdowned and removed Xcode 7 Beta 3
  • installed Xcode 7 Beta 4
  • installed the associated command line tools

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I've been banging my head against a wall trying everything other people did here, before finally looking at the forums, this is the first thread I looked at.

Yes, Thank you so much, I've solved the problem.

You are The ONE , buddy , otherwise I will roll back to yesterday via time-machine !

谢谢你大哥!

So far XC7 B4 has been useless as no existing projects will compile or build. XC64 works just fine. Seeing xib problems and watch related error messages with 7.

As suggested by cook, deleting the contents of:

"/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Profiles/Runtimes"

Gets things going better.

Worked at last! Thank you. But had to delete all from this folder in Terminal with "rm -rf *"

Terminal didn't work for me, simulators stuck in trash, says they are in use and cannot be deleted.

Worked for me also.

thank u . it worked.

Thanks seancook. I just had to remove the old runtimes and it worked.

Works for me too. Thank you.

Now if Apple would just put Xcode 6 support back in ElCapitain so we have a safe fallback.