Do we need to upload screenshots if we add new functionality to the published app in Appstore?

Hi There,

Our app is live in Appstore. The map functionality is already there. Now we want to add new functionality like Drive root , Changing Pin color on Map based on certain criteria which is not present in present app.

I want to know that do we need to upload screenshot for new functionality while releasing it to Appstore . If yes, then do we need to change another app information in iTunes?

Thanks in Advance.

Replies

AFAIK, you have to indicate what has changed in the new version.

I think as well that the published screens must be consistent with the new version. But you are not obliged to add new screens for the new functions. It is your marketing choice.

See your other/duplicate thread: https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/116967

"do we need to upload screenshot for new functionality while releasing it to Appstore"

My experience is that the screenshots do not need to be updated to reflect any changed appearance (or functionality) of the updated app. (EDIT - I see this is just repeating [aka confirming] what was answered on the other thread.)

BUT if the App Store has started to require a new set of screenshots (e.g. for a new screen size) then you must provide those new screenshots with the update.

Thanks for your suggestion.

Thanks for your suggestion.

But App Store started to require screenshot for iphone Xs max and ipad 12.9'' inch (3rd generation ) as mentioned in article : https://developer.apple.com/ios/submit/

So do i need to update all screenshot for that?

Yes, you need to provide 4 formats, in the largest existing size, at least one screenshot each time (but it is your interest to provide more):

6.5": XsMax, (to show the safe area)

5.5": 8Plus, (no safe area visible)

iPad 12.9" 3G, (to show the safe area)

iPad 12.9"2G, (no safe area visible)

with the New Screen Shot command in Simulator (cmd-S) it is extremely easy to get them all.

"So do i need to update all screenshot for that?"

As stated by Claude31 it is in your interest to update these screenshots. But all you need do is adjust the size of your other screenshots (using Preview/Tools/Adjust Size) and stick them where they are required.

OK , Thanks guys .

Wish you good. Please, don't forget to close the thread if OK.

An additional comment, from guidelines:

2.3 Accurate Metadata

Customers should know what they’re getting when they download or buy your app, so make sure your app description, screenshots, and previews accurately reflect the app’s core experience and remember to keep them up-to-date with new versions.

So, you have not to add new screen shots for new functionalities, but you should update existing ones if they have changed.