Is it possible to add contacts to the simulator's contact database

HI,

I am interested in evaluating an iOS app that uses contacts in the simulator and the simulator contacts database has only 6 contacts. Is it possible to add 50-100 contacts to the simulator's contacts database (prefer not to do it one at a time)?

Accepted Reply

First, thanks for the reply!

I didn't attempt the first choice since it seemed quite out of date (before the transition to the newer contacts framework). I did attempt to export my contacts to a vCard and then drag the vcard onto the simulator but nothing happened.

At that point I was trying to see if there is an import function buried somewhere in the simulator when it occurred to me to simply go into settings app and try connecting to iCloud with my (developer) AppleID. It worked and I now have all the contacts in my developer account loaded into the simulator.

Replies

First, thanks for the reply!

I didn't attempt the first choice since it seemed quite out of date (before the transition to the newer contacts framework). I did attempt to export my contacts to a vCard and then drag the vcard onto the simulator but nothing happened.

At that point I was trying to see if there is an import function buried somewhere in the simulator when it occurred to me to simply go into settings app and try connecting to iCloud with my (developer) AppleID. It worked and I now have all the contacts in my developer account loaded into the simulator.