Shortcuts: Stopping shortcut while action is occurring?

Hello all,

I have something of an odd question. I am trying to make a shortcut that runs in the following way:

1. User presses start

2. User is given verbal prompts at a specific speed to take an action (in this case these prompts are inputted as text and then outputted using Speak Text)

3. While text is being spoken, alert is showed that asks the user to press OK when they want the prompts to stop.

4. When OK is pressed, end Speak Text no matter where it is Within the inputted text.

I am getting stuck on the 4th step. I have everything else functioning, but when OK is pressed “Exit Shortcut” is applied, but does not end the shortcut. The Spoken Text continues. The only way it appears to stop the spoken text is to force quit the Shortcuts App.

Is there a way around this? The spoken text in my case is at a set rhythm and therefore we want it to continue (essentially) indefenitiely.

Thanks so much!

Replies

i got the same problem actually i want to make a choose menu to stop shortcut while it's working (play sound) so it's gonna look like alarm in clock when it's ringing there's a button to stop but i don't know how to make this code in shortcut

I actually found that if you create another “speak” action with a “ “ for the dialogue. It will interrupt the previous dialogue and sound as if it stopped speaking