DELETE/PUT in AppleMusic API

Hi,

Since today, we are no more able to do DELETE/PUT request on the Apple Music API.

So, we can't update a playlist details, delete a playlist, delete tracks in playlist, delete tracks in library...

Old methods allowed are now returning only an HTTP Code 403.

Why this change in the Apple Music API ? We can hope that will be back soon ?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of blackarcanis Down vote post of blackarcanis
8.1k views

Replies

Is there any update on this? I think that reordering playlists and deleting tracks should be an essential feature in the Apple Music API, and that not having these features, severely limits its usability.

Hello @HeyImHere,

We do not communicate status of any feature request other than to say that we are either investigating the feasibility, or that we have released an update including said feature.

In this particular case, all I can say is that we have heard the request.

If you are interested in this, it would be helpful for you to file a ticket on Feedback Assistant explaining your use-case for DELETE and PUT methods in Apple Music API. Even if others have filed similar tickets, your use-case may be a bit different, and we want to hear about it. And, internally, we use the number of duplicate requests as a signal that helps us prioritize the various things we may want to improve on.

Thank you very much for your feedback.

Best regards,

• Joining the party here to say I'd also like to be able to delete songs/albums from a user's library. For dupe purposes, here's the FB I filed in June 2021: FB9195700

• Hello @JoeKun,

Thank you very much for your answer.

I already submitted a feedback under FB9915699, however, without specific information on how I would like to use the DELETE and PUT methods. If you are interested, I could add this information to the feedback.

Best regards,

Add a Comment

For anyone interested, the DELETE API already exists, but you need a "special" developer token fetched from music.apple.com and Music-User-Token accordingly to call it. Steps are as follows:

• visit music.apple.com and sign in, then go to the console of your browser
  • input MusicKit.getInstance().musicUserToken to get your user token
  • input MusicKit.getInstance().developerToken to get the privileged developer token

Then you could try the DELETE API

curl --location --request DELETE 'https://amp-api.music.apple.com/v1/me/library/songs/{songId}' \
--header 'Music-User-Token: {The User Token you got}' \
--header 'Authorization: Bearer eyJhbGciOiJFUzI1NiIsInR5cCI6IkpXVCIsImtpZCI6IldlYlBsYXlLaWQifQ.eyJpc3MiOiJBTVBXZWJQbGF5IiwiaWF0IjoxNjQ2NDM1NTgxLCJleHAiOjE2NjE5ODc1ODF9.Ob5bfZBWLDlDkR4r5fNXIjp1Y1G0qY5mP9MVBm1mDFjG701_6AcZS6nwjk-CMJE2b8VLv1JWxKR5j5BDkKxQ7w'

For more details you could visit my another post

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of okc Down vote reply of okc
  • Hello @okc,

thank you for this information! Do you know if a similar PUT API for reordering songs in a playlist already exists as well?

BTW, the link to your other post seems to be broken.

Add a Comment