Software Update Badge when there is no update

I have a software update badge and yet when I got to software update it is just a switch for automatically turning on updates and under it says iOS 12 your software is up to date. Turning the setting off does nothing and the badge still appears. I've rebooted as well. iPhone 7Plus

Replies

Are you using beta 6 ? If so, could it have to do with the temporary suspension of beta 7 ?

This badge is part of the issues of beta 7. Just install the new update that was just released (beta 8) and that should take care of the problem.

I updated OTA to Beta 8 from Beta 7 and still have the update badge bug. The other bugs appear to been fixed with slow performance and hanging apps.

My update badge was resolved by v8

I restored my iPhone X using the Beta 8 .ispw file and it has cleared the update badge error.

Just update to iOS 12 beta 8. If the badge is still there, try remove the beta profile in your profile list and you can reinstall it from http://developer.apple.com/download/ later.

i have the same problem, let me know if you get the solution

The issue is based on the date. If you change the date back to yesterday August 29th no more messages. Also tested moving the date to tomorrow August 31st, messages still occur.

I’m getting an update message in ios 14 dev build 4. There is no updated build 5 as yet so why I’m getting it, I don’t know.