Simulator not working in Xcode 7.3

After updating to Xcode 7.3, My app is not launching in simulator. It shows error which is show in attached image. I've restarted Xcode, Simulator and my Mac mini but nothing happen. App is installed in simulator but after that it shows this error :

"DTAssetProviderService could not start DTXConnection with simulator 'iPhone 5s". Check the system log for errors."

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Build
  2. Run
  3. Simulator launch
  4. App is installed in Simulator
  5. Error shows

Version: Xcode Version : 7.3

Mac OS : 10.11.3

iOS : 9.3

It is working completely fine in Xcode 7.2.1 with iOS 9.2

Replies

Hi Jeremy,

Thank you for the info about the issue's background and the workaround here: https://forums.developer.apple.com/message/142951#142951

I am also having the "DTAssetProviderService" problem

MacBook Mid2009

XCode 7.3.1 just downloaded from developer site

OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan just refreshed update

I note that the simulator says "iPhone 6s Plus - iPhone 6s Plus / iOS 9.3 (13E230)".

The simulator "About" says "Simulator ver 9.3 (SimulatorApp - 645.9"

I note that in XCode Preferences Components Lists Simulators for iOS 8.1, 8.2, 8.3, 8.4, 9.0, 9.1 and 9.2 but NOT iOS 9.3.

I take it that XCode 7.3.1 doesn't have a Simulator Component installed for iOS 9.3 but it launches one anyway.

There doesn't seem to be a way to direct which Simulator is run. The iOS simulator choices in XCode refer to the device being simulated, not the Simulator.

Has anyone pursued this angle?

UPDATE:

Tried adding Simulators for iOS 9.2 and 8.4. Still no luck.

HELP. Can't run simulators. Any other advice?

Rudkin, please use Xcode 8 beta. I believe this issue is resolved in Xcode 8.

This issue actually just happened to me on a fresh project. "Could not find Simulator's Application PID".

Was trying to run the project on Sim-iPhone 6S to no avail until i switched over to Simulating on an iPhone 6 which then made Sim run without prompting the same failure window. However xcode never launched Simulator, and attempting to stop the run put xcode in a loop. Had to Force Quit XCode. When trying to re-launch, the error would not appear, but loop xcode from trying to run Simulator from any device type.

Still have not found a solution to this.

config: macOS Sierra, XCode Version 8.1 beta (8T46g) on swift 3

It's likely not this problem then. Please file a radar and include a sysdiagnose and ~/Library/Logs/CoreSimulator