XCode 14.1: Stuck at "Launching Application" after building the project

Hello team, On Xcode 14.1, After building the project and when the simulator launches, it shows blank black screen. Here steps to reproduce:

1. build the project with fresh device. Try changing the language to French in device settings
  2. Device should launch in French language. Instead, it loads and goes blank (blank screen)
  3. Quit the simulator (XPC error is displayed) and rebuild the project using the same simulator device.
  4. Build succeeds and simulator launches, but has blank screen on simulator.
  5. Xcode is stuck at "Launching Application"

Is this a known issue? Has anyone experienced the same? How can I fix this? Stack (https://stackoverflow.com/questions/74315983/xcode-stuck-on-launching-application) says its a bug, so posting here for recommendations

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of mrugeshdesai Down vote post of mrugeshdesai
38k views
  • Same issue with Xcode 14.2 :(

• I have the same problem with Xcode 14.2. there isn't any solution to this problem? if anyone has a solution for it please share it with me.

• Same issue with Xcode 14.2 on macOS Ventura 13.1

Replies

I meet the stucking & black sreen simulator issue like above but just happend sometime when run on simulator. I need to quit simulator and run again to fix.

• Hi, I'm also facing this issue. It's very uncomfortable to restart simulator again and again. Did you find any solution?

• I'M also facing same issue. It's is very irritating to restart simulator again and again. Did you find any solution?

• I'M also facing same issue. It's is very irritating to restart simulator again and again. Did you find any solution?

I'm having the same issue with Xcode 14.1, i.e. when Xcode launches a Simulator, the Simulator freezes and causes the system to lockup.

I'm stuck in the middle of the ocean, as they say. I have updated my app with iOS 16 changes, but unable to continue work on localization. I think it's time to file a bug report.

I'm stuck even after updating Xcode to 14.2 but the issue seems to still persist.

• I'm in similar state today 14/3/23 ... did it resolve for you ?

Add a Comment

Have the same problem after updating to xcode 14. Still happens in 14.2

Is there any help from apple engineers ?

Add a Comment

It seems this is related to upgrading to macOS Ventura, not to a specific version of Xcode.

same for me, I just filed a report. It is a nightmare and very consuming time to restart simulator for each build

Add a Comment

Same thing here as I have submitted a bug report but still no resolve from anywhere.

same problem. pls fix this bug

I am also facing the same problem. OS version - 13.1 (22C65) XCode version - 14.2 (14C18) When I am launching the app after debugging, first time it runs but after that XCode is stuck at Launching.

Same problem. Really annoying. Only way to "fix it" is to restart the simulator. For someone who has to develop is a really pain in the iOSass

I'M also facing same issue. It's is very irritating to restart simulator again and again. Did you find any solution?

macOS: Ventura

Xcode: 14.1

When I start Xcode, it takes too much time to prepare my project.

When I tap run (on simulator), it takes too much time to run my app. (Around a minute)

When I tap stop (to stop simulator), it takes too much time to run my app. (Around a minute)

When I tap build after code changes, it takes too much time to start building the app.

Actually Xcode is really hard to use right now. I am planning to downgrade to Monterey coz some of pals say it better on it.

• I repored a bug for this on Feedback assistant. Still no update.

Add a Comment

Will apple look into it anytime soon? because there seem's to be no point showing our frustration here.

Another dev reporting the same issue, adding comment in the vain hope that Apple will fix this.

Add a Comment