Why are my units sold so different in the Payments section?

Hello,

can someone please help me understanding why the units sold in the "Payments" section are so low compared to the "Sales and Trends" section?

Check this out:

Month | Sales and Trends Units | Payments Units | Payments/Sales Units Percentage

January | 6 | 6 (100%)

February | 85 | 74 | (87%)

March | 919 | 699 | (76%)

Of course this means way less money paid to me. I have also checked "refunds" and I didn't have had any refund so the units sold should actually be those indicated in the Sales and Trends report.

The periods I select in Sales and Trends are:

1-31 Jan

1-28 Feb

1-31 Mar

Thanks,

Guido Lodetti

Replies

We had the same problem.

Two reasons:

1) Apple does not use calendar months (1-31 Jan) as the fiscal months. You can check the calendar in the iTunes Connect Payment section to see the "Apple months"

2) While the Sales & Trends section shows a sale once the customer purchased an app, it does not mean that the sale is accounted for in the payment section for this month. Consider a customer buys an app at the very end of an Apple fiscal month. It will show up in Sales & Trends but won't show up in that months payment report - it will shift over to the next month. It seems to have something to do when Apple gets the money from the credit card company of that customer - which might take a little time.