Removable eGPU notifications

Is anybody able to correctly manage plug-in and unplug of eGPU on Metal with High Sierra 10.13.4 ?

I am able to manage plugin, but I've got a notification that my application requires to terminate (and XCode) when I unplug the eGPU.

In my application, I received a notification from the system (by using MTLCopyAllDevicesWithObserver), and even when I tried to release all the previously allocated resources on the eGPU, the system asks me to quit my application.

Accepted Reply

Hi iPerKard,

We're aware of a bug preventing the eGPU from safely ejecting while your app remains running. We're working on a fix. But if you've implemented the techniques demonstrated in the Device Selection and Fallback for Graphics Rendering sample, you're doing all the right things and the problem is in the OS.

Replies

Hi iPerKard,

We're aware of a bug preventing the eGPU from safely ejecting while your app remains running. We're working on a fix. But if you've implemented the techniques demonstrated in the Device Selection and Fallback for Graphics Rendering sample, you're doing all the right things and the problem is in the OS.

Thanks Dan!

I'm glad to hear that...