Split View Example?

I have created a Master/Detail app and it works correctly on my iPhone. I am trying to expand it to a split view app that will run on my iPad but am having problems with editing. I can add, edit and delete records on the Master/Detail with no problem but cannot get it to work correctly on the iPad. I have been looking for weeks for a tutorial on the split view but cannot find anything that applies. I think my problem is in the segues and not understanding how to change the bar button items on the add and edit screen. The Apple "Contacts" app works exactly like I would like my app to perform. Is anyone aware of a tutorial or some code I could possibly study?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Accepted Reply

This thread has been deleted

It doesn't look like it is a layout problem. The code works correctly on my iPhone. When I run it on my iPad the Save and Cancel buttons do not work either in the portrait or landscape mode. I think there is something wrong with my split view code. Being new to coding in Swift I am still not quite clear on exactly how the split view code works. I'll to keep searching and studying.

Replies

What do you have already? Did you start with Xcode's splitview template, or did you make an app and drop a splitview controller into it?

>cannot get it to work correctly on the iPad.

You need to explain exactly what that means - what you did, what you expected to happen, and how those two differ, being sure to include any errors, etc.

>how to change the bar button items on the add and edit screen

In what way do you want to change them? Verbiage, color, position, connections....?

You tagged swift 4.0 - what Xcode version are you using, exactly?

If you haven't already, pls. see For Best Results - Read the Label