Can't seem to let my external team test a build

"This build is using a beta version of Xcode and can’t be submitted. Make sure you’re using the latest version of Xcode or the latest seed release found in the TestFlight release notes."

This happens when I upload a build for Testflight and then try to assign it to my external team. Its only just start happening today. This wasn't an issue before.

Replies

Same here.

Same for me, and I've not changed Xcode.

In fact a submission some 3.5 hours earlier didn't have this problem.

For now I'm assuming it's a temporary infrastructure problem on Apple's Testflight environment, and I will try again next week (Friday 5pm here).

Same here !

I was experiencing the same this morning. I was able to submit a build about 4 minutes ago. Give it a try again, it may be fixed.

Everyone here should be filing bugs against the backend, I think. 9.2 is latest Xcode.

Same problem here. I've attempted the submit to external testers for about an hour now, multiple times. No luck. I was able to submit the to external last night, but today it's not working. App was built with Xcode 9.2.

Don't just #meToo - File a bug (add the report # here for reference, thanks) and let them know.

Same here. Submitted a radar bug report and suggest everyone who hasn't yet does the same

I received an official response from Apple Developer Program Support just a few minutes ago...

TL;DR: Bump build #, rebuild, upload, and try submitting app for review again.

I ran into this issue as well. I built the app using Xcode 9.2 (9C40b), which is a full release and not beta. I attempted to submit the app for review and external testing multiple times at various points throughout the day, no luck, all failed. I was able to submit for external testing yesterday, but today things stopped working.

After submitting a bug report to Apple about this, I received a response with the suggestion to bump the build number, rebuild the app, and upload it again to iTunes Connect/TestFlight. After doing so, I was successful in submitting the app to our external testers group.

Today the bug no longer occurs. I was able to submit yesterday's build to TestFlight without a problem.

March 20th and this isn't working.

Uploaded an app to testflight a couple of hours ago and am not able to submit for external review.

I don't know if it a coincidence or not but the Apple IAP sandbox has been down for hours also. Are all Apple server currently broken or something?

Absolutly nothing is working for me for hours but according to this eveything is fine: https://www.apple.com/support/systemstatus/