Do I need to submit a Swift Playground when I've already published an app?

Dear all,

I'm a leading member of my STEM promoting team and have already published an interactive education app, Physics Lab, which is currently on the App Store: http://appstore.com/physicslab (and has get ~5k good ratings from China and all over the world). So do I still need to submit a Swift Playground which I thought to be some prototyper? Also, if I enrolled Apple Developer Program with my company (using this very Apple ID), should I enroll another one personally?

Sincerely,

John Chen

Replies

Hey,

I can at least answer your first question: Yes you have to submit a playground. As stated on the scolarship information page and several times here: "Your submission must be a Swift playground created by you as an individual or a template modified by you as an individual."

For the latter question, I'm not 100% sure - probably depends on what your company is (if it's one-man business, then you probably can use this account). But I should let that to be answered by someone else.

This is apparently a company work and doesn’t satisfy the eligibility.

The developer seems to be "Fuzhou CIVITAS Network Technology Co., Ltd", which is a company rather than a student developer. The company claims their team on the website. Besides, all the comments given by the developer use the word "we".

It seems that you are one of the founders of the company, so I have to remind you that it is unfair and abusive to use your company's work on behalf of yourself, to compete for a scholarship for student developers and STEM organizations when you are actually not.

Anyway, a playround is required.