recordName not queryable and deploying to production

I am having a fit trying to get someting working in my container. It would appear that something is broken in the CloudKit management website.

- What I'm trying to do: perform a query to fetch ALL records of a record type.

- How I'm trying to do this: in Swift, setting the predicate to 'true' then performing a CKQueryOperation

- The result: I get an error from the closure Field 'recordName' is not marked queryable.

So I log into the CloudKit dashboard and go to my development container. I click on the "INDEXES" tab at the top and add a new index indicating recordName is queryable, then save the record type. The new index appears fine.

Then, I deploy to production, but the changes box shows NO index changes.

Confused, I think maybe I have to add the index on the production side. So I click on the production container and go to "INDEXES" there. I scroll all the way to the bottom and see an "Add Index" button (yes, in production) and click on it and add recordName as queryable, but there is no way to save the change. As soon as I log out and log back in, then go to the same view, the index is gone.

What gives here? I can mark system fields like recordName as QUERYABLE in development, but when I deploy to production, the change is not shown. WIthout this, I cannot query a record type for all records, unless I create a dummy index and write a predicate like: "dummyIndex != BLAHBLAHBLAH"

Replies

Hello

Have the same issue since a few days. Can't deploy changes to my production database.

Please Apple, fix this!

Same problem here. I need to create index on 'modifiedAt' metadata field. But unable to deploy to production.