Taking over a project and getting Code Signing Error

I am new to Xcode and am having some issues.

I have been assigned to take over a p roject that one of o ur contractors p reviously developed for us. They provided the source code and project files. I have op ened the p roject in Xcode and I am able to modify, build, and deploy the project on the simulator, but as soon as I attempt to deploy it to a connected device (IPAD, in this case), I get the following errors:

---------------------------------

No account for team "ZXXXXXXXXX". Add a new account in the Accounts preference pane or verify that your accounts have valid credentials.

Code Signing Error: No profiles for 'com.XXXXXXXXXX.ourCompanyName were found: Xcode couldn't find any iOS App Development provisioning profiles matching 'com.XXXXXXXXXX.ourCompanyName'.

Code Signing Error: Code signing is required for product type 'Application' in SDK 'iOS 11.2'

---------------------------------

I have done a fair amount of research on this and have not come up with a solution.

I have added our developer ID to Xcode->Preferences->Accounts and have added certificates, etc, but still see that the team in the quotes (indicated as "ZXXXXXXXXX" above). Am I missing something? Does the contractor need to release the project or something?

I would appreciate any help any of you can provide.

Replies

I should add that the Team ID in the error message does not match the one found in Build Settings-> Code Signing Identity->Identities in Key chain.

Which version Xcode?

Do you have a paid Developer Program account?