Xcode 9.2 IB issues with UIStackView

Anyone else have issues in IB laying out with UIStackViews? I can get my screen to layout correctly and when I run the app the screen is correct but often times IB corrupts the layouts there are no constraint error or warnings, and IB usually toggles back and forth between the correct layout and the corrupt layout, each time I change anything in the storyboard. Even something as simple as toggling the tag on a button which doesn't affect the layout at all, will cause this to go back and forth between corrupted layout and correct layout. Very strange in indeed.

Is there a possible fix for this that anyone knows of? This happens on any views that have UIStackViews in it.

Replies

Yes. I have some stack views in a `UITableViewCell`, and I set its height to `UITableViewAutomaticDimension`. When the simulator is running, the Xcode complains errors about the layout. Moreover, the preview of a xib file looks very strange.

I've seen this too and it's incredibly annoying. Luckily it looks like Xcode 9.3 has fixed a lot of stack view issues.