New App Content Missing When Clicking Update Button in App Store

I recently wanted to submit an app update because I had some new content to add to my app. I submitted an app update in the same manner that I always do:

1) Before doing anything else, I increased the version number in my app files.

2) After adding the new content to my app, I tested my app with an Ad Hoc certificate on multiple iDevices (iPhones 5, 6, 7+, 8, 8+, X). The new page functioned perfectly during testing.

3) After changing my cert to an App Store one, I subitted my app via Application Loader to iTunes Connect.

4) After Apple reviewed and approved my app, I began getting reports from some users.

5) After hearing these reports and doing some testing on my devices, I found out that when someone goes to the App Store and clicks the Update button, the app updates, but when the app is opened, my new content is gone, leaving part of the app completely blank.

6) However, on these same devices, when the app is completely deleted and then reinstalled from the App Store, the new content displays and functions properly.

I've submitted many app updates and never had this happen. Could a glitch in the App Store have caused this?