Designer question on best practices and workflow/mobile

Hello all. I have been looking for some answers about designing @1x and workflow.

My questions are:

1. If I design @1x 375x667 and I export assets at 1x, 2x, 3x will this cover all iPhone generations including the older iPhone 3?

2. Is dev able to recreate the designed screens for other iPhone Resolutions without new screens being designed? My experience is yes but takes QA and working with designer to get things right in later sprints.

3. Do you guys still do work for older iPhone versions or have you cut off older devices?

My workflow: I design in Sketch @1x 375x667 (iPhone 6,7,8). I upload my screen designs to Zeplin. A web program that allows dev to see the screens with the specs and allows them to download the creative assets @ 1x, 2x, 3x.

Thanks much

Replies

1.) Technically, no. That would assume one aspect ratio for all iPhones. There are at least 2 at this time.

The iPhone X has a screen size of 5.8 inches, as an example, with an aspect ratio of 19.5:9, while the iPhone 8 Plus screen is 5.5 inches and an aspect ratio of 16:9.

2.) What, exactly are you calling a 'designed screen'? Where would an applicable image be used?

3.) Nothing older than iPhone 4, and then mostly to satisfy App Review's iPad emulation mode requirement.

If you're asking about scaling images...see https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/72112