How many days in a monthly subscription?

How many days are in a subscription? Is it by calendar date (i.e. Nov 3 to Dec 3)? Is it the same for annual subscriptions (i.e. Nov 3, 2017 to Nov 3, 2018). And ...what happens if a user subscribes on Jan 31? Does the subscription end on Feb 28 (29 in a leap year), having a duration that is less than the other months?

Thanks.

--

Brennan

Replies

Do you mean how many days between subscription renewals, or how many days the user has access to subscribed content?

See Table 6-2 here: https://developer.apple.com/library/content/documentation/NetworkingInternet/Conceptual/StoreKitGuide/Chapters/Subscriptions.html

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of KMT Down vote reply of KMT

It is up to the app to determine what it wants to do on the day when a subscription 'expires'. I believe that if a subscription is purchased on the 31st of a calendar month then it will 'expire' and be renewed on the first of the month two calendar months after the month when it was purchased. If it was purchased on January 29, 30 or 31 it would expire and be renewed on the first of April (is that why it's called April Fool's Day?).

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of PBK Down vote reply of PBK

Thanks for the info everyone!