developer withholding my app and code

I recently paid a developer to create a duplicate app of our system (from android).

The developer started requesting additional fees once uploaded for specs already agreed on and now I am risking to loose the IP and the opportunity to promote my services via Apple store until can re-develop and query the App as been stolen or mismanaged (paid for).

Please advise on how this can be resolved as I already invested time and money and need to resolve this ASAP to ensure Apple customers can make use of the services as well. I made numerous requests to release teh source code and take app off the app store (as I paid for these services) and they just ignore or tell me to "go away"

This is unproffesional and leave a sour taste in my mouth with regards to the proffesional level I was treated by an Apple developer (who I thought are highly rated).

Replies

Are you here attempting to talk to Apple, or just looking for 3rd party opinions?

You will need to take, or threaten to take, legal action based on any rights you might have to any IP or any rights you may have because of a possible 'contract' between you and the devloper.

Why do you think you have any rights to anything? Do you have a contract with the developer? Do you have any trademarks or copyrights that the developer is using?