Assets.xcassets highlighting some images grey

Hey guys,

I've noticed that when viewing Assets.xcassets that some images have certain versions of said image highlighted with a grey background (e.g. the @2x version of an image has the background, whilst all other versions don't). I'm assuming Xcode is trying to tell me something by highlighting the file, however, I can't seem to figure out what the issue is. The image seems to display ok in the app on the phone, but I'm concerned there's some issue I'm not aware of. I've included a link to a screenshot. The images are JPG format.

Any help as to what this grey background means and how best to remedy it would be much appreciated.https://ibb.co/j2uBiH

Kind regards

Lewis

Replies

Lewis, from what I can discern from the build, those icons that are greyed out are only applicable to iOS versions lower than what you have set as your min iOS version. For me its the iPhone Spotlight 1x (ios 5,6) / Settings (ios 5-11) and iPad Settings 1x (ios 5-11)

Since there are no devices that ios 9 can build to that need such low-res images, they are called out.