Any advice for "SpringBoard Reporting system gestures are no longer possible due to too much movement"?

In some recent client testing on a project, the user was saying gesture were not working.

After the client captured some console debug, it was showing:

SpringBoard Reporting system gestures are no longer possible due to too much movement

Can anyone comment on this ? I have never seen this error before.

He was testing on an iPad pro. I am curuous about if the app was somehow contributing to the issue; the app is doing real time audio effects whiile displaying a Scene Kit view while playing back audio.

Replies

That feedback aside, are there any other associated user-facing manifestations you can share?

I'm also seeing this type of issue of gestures not working, actually when this happens all touch stops working.

Originally I thought that it was a bug with a particular app, but then it started happening more often in various apps and it also occurs on the springboard. I'm also on an iPad Pro and I wish I could figure out what the problem is because it's getting really frustrating to use my iPad 😟

I decided to check out the console when this was happening today and some stuff that stuck out for me were:

SpringBoard (FrontBoard): immediate edge swipe: failed
SpringBoard (FrontBoard): Reporting system gestures are no longer possible due to too much movement
backboardd (MultitouchHID): [HID] [MT] MTSimpleHIDManager::handleInputDetectionState Dispatching proximity event [0x1]

We are still having this issue with iPad Pro; I have not identfied any parts of the app that might be causing any problems.

I'm curious if you've been seeing this issue recently or if it's been around for a while?

I've been doing a lot of unscientific tracking of this issue and I feel as if it's been occuring more recently, more often. I feel like it's a software issue with the OS because I've taken my iPad in to be serviced and they say all the hardware is ok, but I keep seeing this pop up.

Are you noticing this with the 2nd Gen iPad Pro, first or both?

We only encountered this issue within the last month and a half whilet testing the app. My colleague is testing with an iPad Pro. There are some other users using iPads but they have not reported this problem.