In-app purchase or not?

Hello,

I need some advice.

Our app allows Users to buy vouchers for physical end products, i.e. food and drink. So we are using Stripe to facilitate this.

However, we are wanting to offer a subscription feature to our club, via our app.

By joining the Club on a subscription basis you will get:

- Invites and tickets to events

- Access to premium vouchers on the app, which if purchased have physical end products

- Early access to premium vouchers on the app, which if purchased have tangible end products

- Entry into prize draws, where you will be receiving digital and physical vouchers and products

My problem is that some of these are tangible products wheras some are most likely digital services, as the access to premium vouchers and early access I believe would come under:

3.1.1 In-App Purchase:

If you want to unlock features or functionality within your app

However, the tangible, physical products come under:

3.1.5 (a) Physical Goods and Services Outside of the App: If your app enables people to purchase goods or services that will be consumed outside of the app, you must use purchase methods other than in-app purchase to collect those payments, such as Apple Pay or traditional credit card entry.

and also under Apple Pay Guidelines:

- Use Apple Pay for services such as club memberships, hotel reservations, and tickets for events. On the other hand, use in-app purchase in apps to sell virtual goods such as premium content for your app and subscriptions for digital content.

I'd appreciate any advice on this, as we want to offer our Club membership and benefits via our app.

Many thanks,

Jack

Replies

Have two membership purchases - one for physical stuff and the other for digital stuff.

Hi PBK,

Thanks for your response!

I had thought of this, but was wondering if it's possible to offer it as one package? This is because we're already offering this package with the paper voucher system we have in place at the moment and now we're just wanting to replicate the same package but via the app, whilst we wind down paper vouchers and move solely to our app