Anyone Noticed Inconsistent Exercise Time Tracking in watchOS 4 Beta ?

All

Anyone else noticing weird issues with time inconsistencies for exercises in watchOS beta 4.3 ? Specifically I have noticed that the Exercise time (recorded in each exercise) does not match the Exercise team now being shown on activity. An example. I setup a 30 minute per day exercise goal for testing and completed about 6 minutes of light exercise through the day. I then set a run workout and did 31+ minutes (which showed in the completed exercise summary screen after the run). Therefore at a minimum I would expect the 'you've closed your exercise ring' message and also in Activity see about 36 to 37+ minutes of total exercise............WRONG.

At the end of the run as I mentioned above I see 31+ minutes. Go to Activity for the day (after allowing time to sync etc) and it shows 29 minutes ! Even on the watch after the workout it showed 29 minutes although the exercise summary there too showed the 31 minute run !

Not sure what is going on but certainly only happened since the beta.

Bug filed but wondered if anyone else has seen this ?

Replies

For what it’s worth, I’ve had this happen recently on my non-beta 4.2.2 Watch (LTE version)

Not only exercise - starting watchOS 4.2.2 inconsistent all activity parameters on my beta and non-beta (2 all together) Watches. I have either to stay in Airplane Mode or to restart my Watch from time to time to make things right and calculate all my activity parameters properly. It started somewhere in mid of January. Very, very frustrating!