change the timing of frames in a sticker sequenzes

hello,

is it possible to change the timing of the single frames in a sticker sequenz to keep the datasize of the apng small?

thank you in advance

Accepted Reply

Yeah, you need to use a program like PNG Animator. Its in the Mac App Store, only a buck or two last time I checked. You can change the duration on individual frames. It exports to .png and you just drop that into your project. I don't import mine to the asset catalog.

Replies

Yeah, you need to use a program like PNG Animator. Its in the Mac App Store, only a buck or two last time I checked. You can change the duration on individual frames. It exports to .png and you just drop that into your project. I don't import mine to the asset catalog.

thank you very much for your recommendation. it is exactly what i was looking for. thank you very much.

but now i have the problem to import the animated png file into XCODE. every kind of importing this animated png as a single file brings only one frame in XCODE. i didnt found a way to import a animated png in full length – is there one?

i work out the animation with APPLE MOTION, there i have the possibility to export a png sequenz and in addition it generates a json-file in a special named "stickersequenz"-folder. in XCODE with the command "IMPORT" and the chosen stickersequenz-folder XCODE generates an animated png. i have no experiences with writing json-files, MOTION writes the set framerate (in this case 15 fps), if i overwrite the json to a lower framerate XCODE follows the json and make the sequenz slower as i set it. but that has only effect on every frame. has somebody a hint how i have to overwrite in the this json-file in a right way to set the timing for every single frame? and will XCODE follow this changed timing?

thank you in advance

ps:

the export-possibility for png-sequenz in MOTION generates quite big png-files but after it i export the same with COMPRESSOR. in COMPRESSOR i can reduce datasize of the single png frame and then i swap the big pngs against the reduced pngs in this special "stickersequenz"-folder, because COMPRESSOR generates no additional json-file.

Just export a png sequence. Doesn't matter what software you use. Apple Motion, Adobe Animate, even Photoshop. All you want is the individual frames, nothing more. Dump those into PNG Animator, set your timing, then export to APNG. Again, its going to just be named Something.png (not Something.apng).

Most programs, even Xcode, are going to treat it like there's just one frame when it previews the file. But trust me, the animation IS there.

If you are using the Sticker Pack template, just drop the .png file into the yellow Sticker Pack folder. (Don't make a new Sticker Sequence).

That's it, you're done. If you run the project, you'll see it animated.

… AHHH! thank you so much that was a good hint!

i thought if in the stickerpack preview it appears not animated like it does when i import single pngs then it failed. so i didnt try to run the simulator with it.

yes now the animation appears in the simulator with the intended timing.

thank you again.