Lagging due to heat generation

Posting here, because posting a technical support issue with Apple went ignored for over 4 weeks - IN SPITE of them charging credits for it.

So I've spent essentially the past 8 weeks getting to the bottom of a really tricky issue, which at the core appears caused by CPU/GPU throttling due to excessive heat generation. Essentially, the frame takes an irregular amount of time, and metal captures display large amounts of 'missing' segments, as in, areas which are completely unused.

Now, I suspected throttling early on, and I eventually did a lot of additional optimization, and have reduced the issue to a mere trickle relative to where it once was. But it still occasionally happens. FTR - when I squeeze an ice cube up against my iPad Pro (10.5 inch, which is especially subsceptible to this issue), the issue is alleviated - until the ice cube melts.

Now my question is - is there a way to manually throttle the GPU in code? From my perspective, I would by far prefer to have the option of WHEN to throttle, than the OS just deciding out of the blue to impose heavy penalties on the scene, causing all sorts of rendering mayhem (fences go right out the window, for instance). Sure, I could probably add some code to delay scene submission, but I'm ideally looking for a more low-level approach.

Thank you