Remove Beta TVOS

How can I downgrade to TVOS 11.2.5 if I have beta 11.3 installed. I have unenrolled from the beta program then when to remove the profile from apple tv and profiles is missing so is the option to install beta software. I have reset the my apple TV both updating and not updating when reset and I still remain on 11.3.

Accepted Reply

yes. If you have a USB C port then it is 4th gen if it doesn’t then it is the 4K version. if it is the 4th gen version it can be restored via iTunes.

Replies

are you on App TV 4th gen if so download recovery from developer page and connect to Mac vis USB 3 to USB3.1 cable. However If it is a ATV 4k then you can’t downgrad to released TVOS

I am not sure what you mean App TV 4th gen. My Apple TV says 4th gen and nothing about 4k. So I am guessing there are two models, one 4th gen and a newer 4th gen 4k version. Am I correct?

yes. If you have a USB C port then it is 4th gen if it doesn’t then it is the 4K version. if it is the 4th gen version it can be restored via iTunes.

Thank you.

Does anyone know a way to downgrade / restore on an AppleTV 4K? The 11.3b2 is pretty brutal, breaking the remote app & HBOGo.

I have had the same problem and the simple answer is NO you can’t go back to TVOS 11.25 if they had kept the usb c port then it could have be restored using iTunes but a reset will only restore it back to 11.3..hopefully the next beta wil be out soon.

I have an older MacBook (mid-2012) with USB 2.0 and Apple TV (4th Gen). Trying to roll back from 11.3. Connected to MacBook using USB-C to USB Adapter, but iTunes won't connect.

I get the following error message:

"The Apple TV software update server could not be contacted. The requested resource was not found"

I presume that this is due to the USB 2.0?