iOS StoreKit Restore: Erneute Gewährung fehlgeschlagen. Kaufe erst das Softwareprogramm

Within the last 12 months two users of my app received this German message "Erneute Gewährung fehlgeschlagen. Kaufe erst das Softwareprogramm" when they tried to "Restore" their subscriptions. I think the English mesage is "Regrant Failed! Please Purchase Software Application First".

It happened under iOS 10 and 11.

I already asked the Apple Support and iTunesConnect but nowone was able or willing to help me to explain what this messages cause or what the user need to do to resolve it.

Every input from you to get this resolved is highly appreciated!

Replies

The first word translates to “re-grant” which I assume is “restore”. The App Store believes the user never purchased the app.

You are correct with your translation.
The reason for this error message is, that the user(s) was signed in with a different Apple ID at the time of downloading your App via the Appstore, from the time at which they tried to restore their subscription.
The user must uninstall the app and then make sure he/she is signed into his itunes account with which he purchased a subscription within your app. Redownload the app, restore purchases -> No more errors.