When am I going to be billed?

Hello.

I have huge difficulties on understanding the general CloudKit billing this - but I'll go by parts explaining everything in order to get some precious help.

I'm currently developing an app, which is right now on external testing through TestFlight. On a general side, the app is below the free quota Apple offers but not the Asset Transfer quota, which is free up to 2GB.

Question 1:

Am I going to be billed for the extra Asset Transfer even during TestFlight? Note that the app isn't in the AppStore yet.

Question 2:

Right now, I am at 25GB of asset transfer, and since Apple allows 2GB, I'm 23GB in debt right? Making some easy calculations, Apple bills $0,10 per extra GB, so I'll have to pay 0,10 * 23 = $2.3.

What will happen now? When we reach the 2GB mark, does Apple deny the service access and we have to call them and buy in advance extra transfer space, OR does Apple allow the transfer to go on and on until the end of the month? If so, how do they charge us? Through our Apple account linked credit card?

I'm sorry to as this so straight forward, but I cannot find anywhere else an answer to this doubts I'm having.

And where should I contact Apple to release more space on my CloudKit quota?

Thank you very much, looking forward to get some help here.

Replies

Private database storage goes against the user’s account quota and they pay for that. Data transfer from public to private will cost the user. Data transfer from private to public will cost the developer. This is covered within

My opinion is you don't get billed later...I'd expect you need to negotiate and pay upfront.

Feel free to contact support via the link below for questions on current practices, etc.